There’s no guideline for choosing names for your characters, but there are a few things one might want to steer clear of when picking a name for your hero. Bypass names that are primo for dick jokes, or names that are verbs, like Chip and Chuck. See below for others to avoid.
1. B.J. Do I really have to explain why?
2. Rock/Stone/Brick or anything having to do with ingenuous or sedimentary.
3. Sheldon. You have Billy Crystal to thank for this one. He pegs it when he says "Ride me Big Sheldon!" in When Harry Met Sally.
4. Lance. The heroine is not a boil. Repeat, The heroine is not a boil.
5. Vishous (Wrath, Phury, Rhage, etc.) Oh, I’m sorry. Did I piss off you Brotherhood of the Black Dagger fans?
This is a participation blog, an ALL PLAY like in Pictionary, so feel free to join in with your fifty cents. Or hit me with your vitriol.
One thought on “Five Names That Should Never be Used in a Romance”