As a vegetarian, I am aware there are other out there who have different dietary requirements, be it for religious purposes, a choice of conscience, or allergies. I want to be inclusive, I want to share in the Holiday cookie joy and let the coffee flow. This here recipe is for my dear friend Swell. Gluten Free Molasses Cookies Oven 350F/175C.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 2 2/3 Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
- 3/4 cup shortening 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup molasses 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
Mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients except the 3 Tbsp sugar. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonful into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Bake 8 – 10 minutes.
Serve with dark roasted coffee, freshly ground and brewed. Nominomness: I can’t rate these as I have not tried them I am hoping Swell will test the recipe and let me know how the cookies turn out.