Hey, kids! It’s Fun Fact time!
The Ten Top Things I Love About Being A Writer
- I can work all day in ultra-dag*wear (think lazy pants) and imagine I look good;
- Coffee can be a food group of its own;
- When it’s cold outside, it’s warm in my novel;
- People think I’m smart because I know how to use a semicolon;
- Spending huge amounts of money on books I want to read is called research;
- Traveling overseas becomes tax deductible as it too is research;
- Its fat-free
- Napping is a tool for sorting out pesky plotting issues;
- My brain is constantly engaged in a puzzle, which will keep me active into my 90s;
- It’s introduced me to some wonderful, wonderful friends.
*Dag is Australian English for slob, but it’s true origin comes from sheep shearing, specifically, the little bits of, ahem poo, stuck on the back of a sheep’s bottom.